3. Complete the "quiz" to let us know you're ready to volunteer.
Complete the Volunteer Application HERE, indicate your interest and then sign up using this link: (Sign Up To Volunteer)
Harvest Inn 2018 (Room in the Inn Emergency Winter Shelter) Program (Sign up to Volunteer)
Thanksgiving Lunch shoe/coat give-a-away (Sign up to Volunteer)
Holiday Fun Day (Sign up to Volunteer)
Volunteers needed to set up room, assist with serving dinner/breakfast and fellowshipping with homeless neighbors on Sunday evenings. Interested in volunteering, contact Toccara Young at email@example.com.
Adult Continuing Education (ACE) Classes
- Bible Study/Discipleship
- Basic life skills
- Career Coaching/Counseling
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher; E-mail use
- Nutrition & Fitness
- Financial Literacy/Budgeting
- Job Readiness Skills (Interviewing, Resume Building, Job Searching and Other Employment Skills)
- Practicing Professionalism: Effective Communication, Teamwork, Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Customer Service, Time/Stress Management, and Ethical Decision-making
- Parenting Skills
- Jobs for Life curriculum
Tutors may be needed, also, by request in support of our ACE classes to help our Program Participants with reading, writing and arithmetic. This Volunteer commitment would be for one (1) hour on Tuesday and/or Wednesday mornings.
Love Thy Neighbor
Volunteers are needed for our annual fundraising event in the fall to pray for the efforts, staff the event (registration, greeters, runners, set up, etc.) as well as following the event for administrative help.
Kitchen/Dining Hall Aides:
- Volunteers are needed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for one (1) to one and a half (1.5) hours for breakfast (between 7am and 9 am) and lunch preparation (between 11am and 2pm).
- In addition to serving on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Volunteers are needed on Mondays (between 8am and 10am) for food preparation.
- The variety of duties here include chopping, cleaning, distribution of food and utensils, etc.
- Volunteers will warmly greet and welcome guests at meal times and assist them in finding a seat or locating restrooms.
- Volunteers are needed to provide spiritual and educational 15 minute presentations to our guests and community members during meal times on Tuesday and Wednesday. This opportunity is for those who have skills in Christian music, facilitators of large group bible studies, and spiritual and educational teachers.
Transformation Program Support
- Our Transformation Program, which is our transitional housing, provides both men’s and women’s temporary housing. Volunteers are requested to have skills and experience falling into the following categories:
- Mentorship/Discipleship (individual and family)-take a vested interest in the welfare of a Program Participant, assist with his/her needs, and to provide extended family support while in the Transformation Program, and ongoing care/concern upon successful completion; host group/family events and activities
- Landscaping and maintenance of the grounds
- Carpenters (Rough & Finish)
- Cleaning Crews
- HVAC Professionals
Our Transitional houses are always in need of individual or group Volunteers to:
- Collect/Donate towels, sheets, pillows, dishes, furniture, appliances, and etc.
- Prepare meals, fellowship and share with our Program Participants (some of our Program Participants would appreciate learning cooking/kitchen skills!)
**Inviting Transformation Program Participants to be a speaker: We encourage our Program Participants to share their success stories, testimonies, and motivation. Therefore, if you would like to schedule one of our Program Participants to speak at a Church, School, Community Organization, etc., please contact our Core Services Supervisor, Toccara Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-335-1616 ext. 104. We thank you in advance for the opportunity!
Miscellaneous Ministry Assignments
- Setting up/breaking down dining hall tables and chairs
- Cleaning dining hall tables, sweeping dining hall floor, cleaning restrooms
- Monitoring computer room use during breakfast and lunch hours, as well as in between
- Monitoring the vestibule/restroom/stairwell areas for authorized use, ONLY, during breakfast and lunch hours, as well as in between
- Occasional Office/Administrative duties: filing, copying, answering phones, etc.
- Social Media/Blogger: Assist with promoting THC and expanding awareness through social media posts, pictures and blog writing.